The Best of Salt Lake City Dining Scene
Centrally located at 202 South Main Street, Bambara occupies the historic Continental Bank Lobby, built in 1924. Now, instead of bank transactions, the focus is on the full exhibition kitchen, which fills the room with scintillating aromas of pan-roasted and grilled prime meats, fresh seafood, game, and house-baked breads.
Fresh Crumbs are the tidbits at the table—conversation topics, recent news, upcoming events. In this new addition to our website, we keep abreast of the latest “crumbs” to help you get the most out of your next dining experience. See what crumbs our writers have uncovered lately!
- Coffee: It's Not Just for Breakfast Anymore
- This article explores the health benefits of drinking coffee, including increased mental attention and a lower risk of developing deadly diseases and cancer. While there ... more
- The Gluten-Free Giant
- The gluten-free lifestyle has increasingly gained popularity during the last few years. This article provides an overall synopsis of this diet and exposes some of ... more
- Unearthing the Truffle: A Guide Through Truffle 101
- Truffles have been an alluring culinary ingredient for over thousands of years. This article decodes the cultivation and harvesting methods of this extraordinary fungus, as ... more
- To Your Health Part 5: Get Some Sleep!
- The fifth installment in a series of articles on how to improve your overall health. This article covers the importance of sleep. From establishing a ... more
- You're In Luck With Food Trucks
- I didn't frequent many food trucks when I was living back in Michigan because I would rather step into an establishment and get out of ... more
Salt Lake City's restaurant scene has really picked up speed in the past few years. This budding food area has lively new restaurants, pubs, craft breweries and bistros that bring many Utahans together. Snow and salt covers a great deal of SLC for a good portion of the year but local farms produce excellent ingredients year-round giving the restaurants a great foundation for food. Spotting an American restaurant is easy; they're freckled all over the city limits. Catching flavorful Thai, Hawaiian cuisine, Indian, Italian and Mexican is now much more convenient with the public's desire for variety. Come see what our local writers love and what brings tourists into Salt Lake City.